These recovery methods are not secure! We disabled them for all new accounts.
If you have one or both enabled you should follow this procedure to secure your account. These steps are for non-Ledger secured accounts.
- Sign in to your wallet.
- Select Account link at top.
- Follow this article to setup a new passphrase (Full Access Key) --> https://nearhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500009602701-Is-that-possible-to-change-the-seed-phrase-on-my-NEAR-Wallet-
- Return to the wallet.
- Select account link at top.
- Disable Email and/or SMS recovery methods.
- (Note that step 3 above would have only one NEW passphrase full access key on your account)
- Your account is now secure!
We highly recommend purchasing a Ledger device and securing your account with it.
Article is closed for comments.